[vtkusers] Clustered landmark target points when using ICP

shantanu shantanusvyas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:38:45 EDT 2015

Hey, I'm attempting to use the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform to
reconstruct the stanford bunny (mesh reconstruction from depth based
images). When I attempt to do so I get misaligned meshes. I checked where
the source and landmark points on each mesh were and for the source mesh
they were scattered evenly across the mesh (Red) but for the target they
were all clustered around the center/torso? of the bunny (green). Since the
points are so concentrated in the center I assume the ICP is mismatching for
that reason. Any suggestions on how to have the landmarks for the target be
more even?

Thanks

Target Points
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5732728/cluster.png>