[vtkusers] Python no vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Apr 8 09:32:08 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Windes, Grant <Grant.Windes at smith-nephew.com
> wrote:

>  Oddly, I had enabled the rendering_backend to opengl2 but I reverted
> that back to opengl. Not sure why it still caused it to not build the
> textureMapper3D. Is there a way to see which rendering engine is actually
> being used via python?

I've noticed something similar regarding modules and the wrapping code. The
wrappers don't always seem to update when modules are enabled/disabled
between incremental builds. For instance, I have a branch that removes the
vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL module here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/1

and it's spawning a lot of errors like:

https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=320681415&build=3756410

Even though the module is disabled (removed, actually), the wrapper
initialization still tries to load it. Looks like some of the init scripts
are missing dependencies?

Might be related to switching between the OpenGL backend modules.

Dave