[vtkusers] vtk python, point picker, UseCellsOff attribute error

redmod79 michael.j.redmond at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:17:43 EST 2014

David,

I think I fixed the problem, thanks to your question about having one
dataset.

I have one main dataset that contains the points and cells, contained in one
actor.  When a cell is selected, sometimes it is behind other cells and I
can't see the selection.  The only way I know how to remedy this is to
create a new dataset and new actor with the cell edges in it, projected onto
the display (is there a better way?  probably needs a new thread).  As a
result, when a cell is selected there were then two datasets/actors for the
pointpicker to pick from.  It was picking the points from the second
dataset.

I used the PickFromList option on the pointpicker to pick only from the main
actor, and now it appears to be working as desired.

Thanks for your help!