[vtkusers] vtk python, point picker, UseCellsOff attribute error

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 13:33:15 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

You say that you're interactor tries to pick a point first, and then if it
fails,
it tries to pick a cell?  So you are using a vtkPointPicker for the first
part,
and a vtkCellPicker for the second part?

Do you have just one DataSet in the scene, or more than one?  Is each
"point" in a vtkVertex cell?

Overall, I don't have a clear enough picture to give you much assistance.
I can say, however, that vtkPointPicker is not giving you cell points.  In
VTK 6.1 the vtkPointPicker has no cell code in it whatsoever (you can
look at the code yourself to see that this is true).

 - David