[vtkusers] VTK as a Scala Build Tool Dependency

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Mar 21 10:02:07 EDT 2014

Hi Robert,

As today being the first day that is available, there is a path via Maven.
Although, none of the generated binaries have been tested and a full
integration with maven still requires more work, but still there is a way
now. ;-)

The current status, is that we generate java binaries for different
platforms in a maven friendly way, but no repository or so are available
yet. In theory, we should gather all those binaries and install them once,
but for now they are only available independently from each other.

To download them, go to => http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK

And at the bottom of the page, you should see yellow boxes that will allow
you to download the files that have been generated by that platform.

Then, the pom.xml that goes with it expect somehow the other platforms
files to be there too. So before calling Maven, for your usage, you will
need to patch that file yourself.

And once again, this is bleeding edge, so those are not tested. Although,
if you could get back to us to let us know how it worked and if anything
could be improved within that very first step, that will be great.

Thanks,

Seb