[vtkusers] VTK as a Scala Build Tool Dependency

Robert Häckl robert_haeckl at fear-gfx.de
Fri Mar 21 08:22:04 EDT 2014

Hi there,

I just want to know, if there is any way to use VTK as a dependency in a
Scala Build Tool project. Possibly also as a maven dependency.
Installig vtk via synaptic on ubuntu is no problem so far. But when I
use the "run"-command in my sbt project, there is an
UnsatisfiedLinkError. When I just run the class with the vtk stuff
without sbt everything is running, but this is not my desired way
because I have a lot of other stuff, which I like to run with sbt.
Furthermore I do not think, that I have to set some PATH variables,
because adding a dependency in a sbt or maven project imply that I do
not have to configure something on my OS or so, except the Java stuff.
You know what I mean? I just want to start smooth and clean my stuff
within my sbt project in my intellij IDE.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards
Robert