[vtkusers] Volume Rendering with Voxel Specific Color

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Jun 25 17:07:59 EDT 2014

So you want first channel to be rendered as R, second as B, and third as G?
I am not sure what you mean by you were able to set scalar components in my
ImageData to 3? So you have multi-component data that you are trying to
render?

If you can send us a sample dataset, I can have a look at it.

- Aashish

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Cory Jones <cjayjones at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to render a volume from 3D ImageData and I want to be able to
> control the color of each voxel independently using the color channels. I
> am able to set the number of scalar components in my ImageData to 3 and set
> each channel separately. I am rendering using vtkSmartVolumeMapper. Is
> there a way to set the vtkVolumeProperty so that the image renders the 3
> channels as RGB? I have tried using the vtkColorTransferFunction
> SetColorSpaceToRGB(), but this does not work. Again, I don't want to do
> scalar color mapping. My current code is:
>

>   vtkSmartPointer<vtkSmartVolumeMapper> volumeMapper =
>               vtkSmartPointer<vtkSmartVolumeMapper>::New();
>   volumeMapper->SetBlendModeToComposite();
>   volumeMapper->SetInputConnection(outputImageData->GetProducerPort());
>
>   vtkSmartPointer<vtkVolumeProperty> volumeProperty =
>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkVolumeProperty>::New();
>   volumeProperty->ShadeOff();
>   volumeProperty->SetInterpolationType(VTK_LINEAR_INTERPOLATION);
>
>   vtkSmartPointer<vtkColorTransferFunction> color =
>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkColorTransferFunction>::New();
>   color->SetColorSpaceToRGB();
>   volumeProperty->SetColor(color);
>
>   vtkSmartPointer<vtkVolume> volume =
>     vtkSmartPointer<vtkVolume>::New();
>   volume->SetMapper(volumeMapper);
>   volume->SetProperty(volumeProperty);

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*