[vtkusers] CDash warnings about functions that are deprecated and will be removed in the future

Alden Snow alden.snow at sftsrc.com
Mon Jun 2 05:15:15 EDT 2014

Hello,

I just downloaded CDash and installed it on Apache and though it seems to be letting me set up a project so far I get these warnings that look like errors all over the top of page, seems like I am in a bad version of PHP,  missing a module or something?:

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CDash\cdash\pdocore.php on line 48

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CDash\cdash\pdocore.php on line 48

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CDash\cdash\common.php on line 1393

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CDash\cdash\common.php on line 1395
Also, I need to point it to BitBucket repositories.  Any idea if they will work with CDash?

I welcome any input or direction you might have for me on this.

Alden