[vtkusers] vtkCubeAxesActor axis label problem

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Fri Jan 17 16:27:22 EST 2014

> The problem I have had with those methods is that the label format
will be
> reset internally whenever the axis range changes since the label
precision
> is recomputed in the private AdjustRange method.  This is true even
when
> automatic power scaling (via SetLabelScaling) is turned off.  For my
> application I wanted to just set the label format to "%g" (with the
power
> scaling off) and not need to reset it, so I ended up making a custom
> version of the class that includes a flag to disable this automatic
> adjustment of the label precision in AdjustRange.

Smells like a bug...

It's unfortunate you had to go to such lengths to get consistent
display behavior here.

Seems like there should definitely be a way to set the label format and
have it stick.

Maybe somebody who knows this class internally is listening, and will
have some time to make it so. Or.... you could make the changes and
submit a gerrit patch to fix the unfortunate behavior. :-)