[vtkusers] How to move a cylinder to a right position

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 07:38:34 EST 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM, NS-5 <cybertronic at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi,everyone!
> I want to pick 4 points,the first four points determine the radius of
> cylindrical bottom surface,and the fourth point determine the cylinder's
> height,so I can use these values to create the cylinder in the right
> position,and now I can build the cylinder by picking points but it is in
> the
> place where the origin of coordinates in,how can I move the cylinder to the
> right position?
> Thanks for help
> NS-5

You could position the actual data with:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/TransformPolyData

or you could position the actor representing that data with:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/TransformActor

See the "Transforms" slides here for a little bit more explanation:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Presentations

David