[vtkusers] How to move a cylinder to a right position

上嵌-李英骑 cybertronic at 126.com
Tue Jan 7 20:27:48 EST 2014

Thank you very much

在 2014-01-06 20:38:34,"David Doria" <daviddoria at gmail.com> 写道:

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM, NS-5 <cybertronic at 126.com> wrote:
Hi,everyone!
I want to pick 4 points,the first four points determine the radius of
cylindrical bottom surface,and the fourth point determine the cylinder's
height,so I can use these values to create the cylinder in the right
position,and now I can build the cylinder by picking points but it is in the
place where the origin of coordinates in,how can I move the cylinder to the
right position?
Thanks for help
NS-5

You could position the actual data with:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/TransformPolyData

or you could position the actor representing that data with:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/TransformActor

See the "Transforms" slides here for a little bit more explanation:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Presentations

David