[vtkusers] Streamlines around a Simple Sphere

Joey joeymu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 16:08:07 EST 2014

I am trying to get a handle on how to draw (what I think are) streamlines
around a simple sphere source.

I just want a series of lines to start at the edge of my window and "drape"
along a sphere.  Eventually, I might like to change the sphere to an
ellipse and/or change the spacing of the lines: either from the sphere or
between each line.

Is a streamline the way to go about this?  Maybe there is an easier option
I'm missing?  In looking at the examples, everything is relying on a data
source.  For my data source, I just want the line to be each of tangents of
the sphere so that might be why I'm confused.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Joey