[vtkusers] vtkLinearExtrusionFilter does not cap

liza lizashr at outlook.com
Mon Aug 18 14:39:31 EDT 2014

Dear VTK Community,

I am trying to read in a set of points that define a closed boundary and
extrude it by supplying vector and finally cap it. I am getting a good
extrusion but it is not getting capped.
Capping seems to work well if I use a cross section of a sphere as input.
But for my case, the polydata that I am reading in is not a surface. So my
question is will capping work only if we extrude a surface and will not work
for a boundary/polygon?

Thanks,
Liza

 Following is the excerpt of the pipeline where I am extruding.

 // Apply linear extrusion
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkLinearExtrusionFilter> extrude =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkLinearExtrusionFilter>::New();
  extrude->SetInputConnection( reader->GetOutputPort());
  extrude->SetExtrusionTypeToVectorExtrusion();
  extrude->SetVector(-0.502141, -0.685764,0.526861);
  extrude->SetScaleFactor (20);
  extrude->SetCapping(1);
  extrude->Update();