[vtkusers] vtkJavaDesigner in github

HongKee Moon moon at mpi-cbg.de
Tue Aug 19 08:29:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

Recently, I have created a simple java editor for vtk programmers thanks to RSyntaxTextArea.
The url is https://github.com/hkmoon/vtkJavaDesigner.

It has dynamic runtime compilation. Once you edit some code, you can compile/run in runtime.
It makes your development faster when you have a simple proof-of-concept validation.
Hopefully, have a great time with vtk programming.
Comments are always welcome!

For the VTK compilation, I used JDK6 rather than JDK7 because I noticed that the RenderWindow is weirdly located when I run a sample vtk java program under JDK7. However, JDK6 does not have that problem.

Cheers,
HongKee

--
HongKee Moon
Software Engineer

Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstr. 108
01307 Dresden
Germany

fon: +49 351 210 2740