[vtkusers] oriented vtkCubeAxesActor issue

Julian Lewthwaite jools.lewthwaite at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 11:39:23 EDT 2014

Hi List,

I'm trying to use two vtkCubeAxesActors - basically I have one aligned to the axis which is fine, I want another which is rotated around
the Z axis and rescaled. I guess I want to use the OrientatedBounds etc. I seem to be able to get the axis pointing in the right direction
by setting the axis base, but the cube keeps offsetting itself and won't set the ranges I ask for.

If anyone can give some basic steps to rotate a given cube axes actor and reset the scales on the axes I'd appreciate it!

(I am using the Java wrappings atm - not sure if that affects anything - but happy to take example code in any language)

Jools Lewthwaite