[vtkusers] question ? [fill contour]

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 00:44:33 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Dr. Roman Grothausmann
<grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de> wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> Many thanks for Your answer, that explains the behaviour.
> If now the problem that vtkContourTriangulator has trouble closing nested
> loops, which I can understand isn't easy, see attached images.

Detecting such loops was never one of my objectives, unfortunately.
I was only aiming to fill the sort of contours that one would get by
applying a threshold to a scalar field.

> I'm now banging my head around how to help vtkContourTriangulator by e.g.
> breaking the nested loops into single loops. I only can think of a way to
> get one single loop but then not all other possible single loops.
> Delauney2D goes in the right direction but is not completely correct.
> Is this a problem that cannot be solved?

VTK has lots of filters that have "Graph" as part of their name, look
through them to see if one of them does what you need.

  David