[vtkusers] VTK6 + Java7 on Mac: offscreen rendering?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Sep 12 11:38:51 EDT 2013

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 08:24:41 +0200, Marco Sambin said:

>One question: regarding VTK compatibility with Java 7 on Mac, will JOGL be
>the final and only solution, or you have plans to add "direct"
>compatibility inside VTK in the future?

I don't know much about Java, but as I recall the issue here is that Java changed from NSView-based to CALayer-based from 6 to 7, correct?  I also recall someone saying that Java 8 would again have an option to be NSView-based, as here it is:

<http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2013-January/005783.html>

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com