[vtkusers] VTK6 + Java7 on Mac: offscreen rendering?

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Sep 12 10:11:21 EDT 2013

Hi Marco,

As an Open Source company, Kitware provide the infrastructure for the
community to use and benefit from our set of toolkit freely. But any new
feature or enhancement has a cost and that's why the funding aspect is
driving the evolution and enhancements of VTK/ParaView/ITK/CMake.

It just happen that a community member was willing to contribute to the
Java aspect of VTK for its personal interest, but for the good of the
community the work is now available to anyone.

So getting back to your question on a better integration of VTK with Java
on Mac without JOGL, that will depend on the will of the community and the
amount of money they could put toward such a goal. Right now, it seems that
we won't have any funding toward that goal. But that could change.

Seb