[vtkusers] VTK6 + Java7 on Mac: offscreen rendering?

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 13:05:23 EDT 2013

Hi Sean,

you are correct, that's the change on Mac OS from Java 6 (by Apple) to Java
7.

Yes, I also read about NSView-based AWT embedding being re-introduced in
Java 8. This won't be a short term solution, but may in any case be a good
news.
Let's look at how it goes on this side.

In the meanwhile, we'll trying exploring the JOGL path more in depth.

Thanks everybody for your input.
Regards,

Marco