[vtkusers] vtkbool: an alternative filter for boolean operations of vtkPolyData

Ronald Römer rroemer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:39:50 EST 2013

Hello,

I would like to draw attention to my development of a filter to perform
boolean operations on meshes of type vtkPolyData. The filter doesn't need
any libraries other than VTK itself and has, besides the primary and most
obviously goal, two secondary goals. Firstly the filter should not use
triangulation to work and secondly should handle concruent polygons in the
right way. I started developing the filter in a time before VTK gots a
filter with a functionality like that. After a long break I decided to
continue my work because the added filter works in a different manner and
has some weaknesses. Here is the link to the project on GitHub:

https://github.com/zippy84/vtkbool

I tested the filter in-depth, but I am sure that real examples are able to
afford not known cases. Test it with your applicational data and let me
know if it is so or not. Report your bugs on the named website (not here)
and I will look to solve the new issues in a short time. Don't forget to
attach your examples with coordinates in the position of the operation or
just the original meshes with the used transformation matrices. Patches are
also welcome.

All features and limitations are listed on the Readme at GitHub.

Best regards.

PS: The library is also a plugin for Paraview.