[vtkusers] Why does this segfault?

Shawn Waldon swaldon at cs.unc.edu
Fri May 31 17:56:17 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I have been using vtk for a project and I ran across a simple case where I
can delete a vtkLinearTransform that I have a smart pointer to by
concatenating it onto another transform and calling Identity on that
transform.  I have attached a stripped down example program the exhibits
the error.  Every time through the loop in the test program the inverse's
reference count is decremented somehow until it is deleted and the program
segfaults on the next call to TransformVector/TransformPoint.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thank you,

Shawn Waldon