[vtkusers] tcl and 2D charts

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed May 8 15:27:56 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Mario Rodriguez <biomates at telefonica.net> wrote:

> El mié, 08-05-2013 a las 13:59 -0400, Marcus D. Hanwell escribió:
> >
> > It would be helpful to know a little more about what types of 2D you
> > are interested in.
>
> I am interested in this sort of plots and similar things:
>
> http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestScatterPlot.png
> http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestPieChart.png
> http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestScientificPlot.png

They should present no issue - all of that API is wrapped.

> > We do not have any tests written in Tcl for the charts, but they are
> > wrapped and should work.
> >  They Python tests should give a reasonable guide on how the same
> > might be done, and this would give you 2D charts and a scene that you
> > could build things on.
>
> From your words I understand that at least it's possible to plot 2D
> charts from tcl scripts. I had my doubts, since I found no examples.

I had been meaning to convert one or two Python tests, but don't use
Tcl much myself.

> I'll try to learn from the Python examples, if this is the only possible
> way.
>
> Thanks a lot for your kind response.

It would be great to hear if you hit significant issues, and if you
would like to contribute a Tcl test or two from the Python or C++
tests I should be able to get it merged. The same is true of Java,
which is wrapped and should work without issue but there are no
specific tests for the charts written in Java.

Marcus