[vtkusers] tcl and 2D charts

Mario Rodriguez biomates at telefonica.net
Wed May 8 15:10:08 EDT 2013

El mié, 08-05-2013 a las 13:59 -0400, Marcus D. Hanwell escribió:

> It would be helpful to know a little more about what types of 2D you
> are interested in.

I am interested in this sort of plots and similar things:

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestScatterPlot.png
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestPieChart.png
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestScientificPlot.png

> We do not have any tests written in Tcl for the charts, but they are
> wrapped and should work.
>  They Python tests should give a reasonable guide on how the same
> might be done, and this would give you 2D charts and a scene that you
> could build things on.

>From your words I understand that at least it's possible to plot 2D
charts from tcl scripts. I had my doubts, since I found no examples.

I'll try to learn from the Python examples, if this is the only possible
way.

Thanks a lot for your kind response.

--
Mario