[vtkusers] compiling vtk with mingw64

José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:25:14 EST 2013

hi folks, I am almost in the final stage of my project and I need to build
vtk on windows, I am using MinGW64 (32 bit version of the compiler) to
build vtk, I sucefully compiled with python bindings and qt4 options but
the problem are:

1- all the libraries are prefixed with: libvtkXXX.dll, is this ok?
2- no matter what I do, when I try to import vtk from python I get this
error:
    from vtkCommonPython import *
    Error....
     DLL cannot be loaded...

I have set the PATH variable to the dir where the libs (dll) are
I also have set the PYTHONPATH to the dir where the libs are (dll) and the
python extension modules (pyd) with no look, any suggestions, tutorial or
something that I can read?