[vtkusers] Issues with rendering using vtkSmartVolumeMapper

Vipul Pai vpai at g.clemson.edu
Mon Mar 4 10:14:35 EST 2013

Greetings everyone,

I am doing some volume rendering using vtk and was using the
vtkSmartVolumeMapper. I was having an issue with rendering the volume
using the GPU render mode. I see that the volume is being rendered
as/inside a solid cube(cuboid) instead of the intended shape. It works
fine when I use the software based rendered, but the issue seems to be
in the GPU mode only. Is there anything that I might be doing wrong,
or if anyone has an idea of how to fix it/ pointers to what I might be
doing wrong. Its a pretty straight forward rendering pipeline that I
am using. I previously tried sending this email with attached images,
seems like it didn't quite work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

regards,