[vtkusers] Really need help on Parallel vtk with/without MPI

Naoki neto at caltech.edu
Thu Jul 18 17:14:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

When I tried to compile the hello world program, I got undefined reference
errors. I used the command line

sudo mpic++ -I $HOME/Downloads/VTK/Parallel mpi_vtk_Hello_World.cpp -I
$HOME/Downloads/VTK -I $HOME/Downloads/VTK/Common -o mpi_vtk_Hello_World

However, I get the errors:

/tmp/ccVRNSqK.o:mpi_vtk_Hello_World.cpp:function
process(vtkMultiProcessController*, void*): error: undefined reference to
'vtkMultiProcessController::GetLocalProcessId()'

and 2 similar errors. Do you have an idea on where it may be coming from? I
was using VTK 6.0.0, and now am using VTK 5.8.0. It cmakes and makes
successfully. For VTK 5.8.0, I followed the tutorial on
http://wwwx.cs.unc.edu/Research/bass/index.php/VTK .

Thank you.