[vtkusers] Recover polygons from polydata

John Fraser logic_cube at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 19 08:58:24 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have some polydata with cell type lines that I produced by slicing a 3D image.  Given that I have polydata I would like to know if there is a filter that will give me the polygons that are in the resulting 2D polydata.  Some of the polygons that I see on the screen are also not closed, i.e. there are gaps in the contour lines.  Would there be a way to close the gaps and get a list of the polygons using VTK?  I need this so that I can use the pointinpolygon method with my data.

Thanks,
John