[vtkusers] Library linking problem for use in a win32 project.

Vipul Pai vpai at clemson.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:26:55 EST 2013

Greeetings everyone,

I am fairly new to vtk and have been using it for a week now. I used
cmake to configure and generate a solution file for Visual Studio
2010. I then went on to build it and generate the libraries and dll's.
I configure my project in the settings and provide all the correct
paths as I do with any other library/ to the best of my knowledge. But
when I try to run my code I get unresolved externals, classic LNK2019
error for those of who are familiar with the IDE environment. As this
was an issue I proceeded to run my code in one of the example projects
and it did just fine. I have tried a bunch of different things, but
can't seem to get it to work. I have gotten to the point where I need
to integrate my code in the parent project which is a win32
application.

Any ideas about resolving the issue?

I am at a disadvantage at the lack of my knowledge of better using
cmake too. I dont know if some configuration parameter there would do
the trick.

thank you in anticipation,

regards,

--
Vipul Pai Raikar

Graduate Research Assistant
Clemson University | Department of Bioengineering.
301 Rhodes Research Center
Clemson, SC 29634
vipulraikar at gmail.com
vpai at g.clemson.edu