[vtkusers] Error compile VTK6.0 on MAC OS 10.8

may meixiao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:30:32 EDT 2013

Hi, Guys,

I am trying to compile VTK6.0 with Java wrapping on my MAC OS 10.8. Once the
compile gets to 98%, it will stop and have an out of memory exception. I had
to give up VTk6.0 and go back to VTK5.8. It would be really great if anyone
can tell me why this heap size error happens on VTK6.0, but not on VTK5.8
and how to fix it. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
May

Here is the error message:

[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaIOSQL
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaIOVideo
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaIOVideo
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaImagingStatistics
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaImagingStatistics
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaImagingStencil
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaImagingStencil
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaRenderingImage
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaRenderingImage
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaImagingMorphological
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaImagingMorphological
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaRenderingLOD
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaRenderingLOD
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaRenderingHybridOpenGL
[ 98%] Built target VTKJavaRenderingHybridOpenGL
Scanning dependencies of target VTKJavaClasses
[ 98%] Compiling Java Classes
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source
1.5
        at com.sun.tools.javac.resources.javac.getContents(javac.java:5)
        at
java.util.ListResourceBundle.loadLookup(ListResourceBundle.java:189)
        at
java.util.ListResourceBundle.handleGetObject(ListResourceBundle.java:124)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:389)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:355)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.util.JavacMessages.getLocalizedString(JavacMessages.java:190)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.util.JavacMessages.getLocalizedString(JavacMessages.java:141)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.util.JavacMessages.getLocalizedString(JavacMessages.java:135)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.getLocalizedString(Main.java:585)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.resourceMessage(Main.java:527)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:459)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:353)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:342)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:333)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.compile(Main.java:76)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main(Main.java:61)
make[2]: *** [java/javac_stamp.txt] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Wrapping/Java/CMakeFiles/VTKJavaClasses.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2