[vtkusers] Error compile VTK6.0 on MAC OS 10.8

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Aug 29 15:31:47 EDT 2013

Hi May,

I'm not sure if you use VTK/master or just the released package of VTK 6.
But I did increase the memory for the javac process in current VTK/master
to overcome that exact issue.
So maybe you just want to do the same in your code base.

Here is the change that you need to make inside the VTK source tree.
Edit the file Wrapping/Java/CMakeLists.txt and replace

=>  set(JAVAC_OPTIONS -J-Xmx256m)

by

=>   set(JAVAC_OPTIONS -J-Xmx512m)

Or more, if it still fails compiling the code.

Seb