[vtkusers] SetCutPlane not working in vtkImageResliceMapper

Debjit Ghosh dghosh at chla.usc.edu
Wed Apr 3 21:45:10 EDT 2013

Interestingly, by removing the following line
/plane->SetNormal(this->normal);/ which was used to calculate the focal
point, the rendered image stopped moving about the screen:

vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlane> plane = vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlane>::New();
plane->SetOrigin(dimX/2, dimY/2, 0);
plane->SetNormal(this->normal);
plane->ProjectPoint( centerofvol, focalPt );

I have absolutely no idea how that made the difference but I started
removing everything that was affecting the image moving around the screen,
realized it definitely had to do something with the sensor input because it
was moving wrt to the sensor input. It is no longer nicely centered in the
screen, but I could use a quick hack of changing the position of viewport
and lift it up by a few units.

However, if you find the time, please go through my previous email and tell
me what was making the tip of the cone move around..