[vtkusers] How to delete a currently uploaded image in VTK Wiki

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:40:43 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Jochen <jochen.kling at email.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does anybody know how to delete a recently uploaded image in VTK Wiki?
> I can replace it, but I want to change the filename, and this seems not to
> be possible.
>
> The reason why I want to delete it, is that I encountered that all images
> goes into the same Wikiwide directory, and therefore I want it to have a
> more distinguished name.
> (old name: Polyline.png
> new name: VTK_Examples_Python_GeometryObjects_Display_Polyline.png)
>
> thx in advance
>
> with best regards
> Jochen

First, thanks for adding this example!

Renaming of images seems to be turned off on the wiki, and there
really is no "delete" function in the wiki. When I click "upload a new
version of this file", it seems to allow me to enter a new file name.
I'd imagine this is so that old links point to the new file (which
isn't a big deal in this particular case). Give that a try, and if it
doesn't work, I would just let it "die". That is, just upload the
image with the new name and don't link to the old one anywhere.

David