[vtkusers] vtkMFC build error

Gishara Indeewarie gish.777 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 04:02:35 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I tried to build vtkMFC project available in
vtk-5.8.0\VTK\Examples\GUI\Win32\vtkMFC.
When I built that I got errors as , can't find vtkMFCWindow.h
and vtkMFCConfigure.h files.
I included them in the projects taken from, vtk-5.8.0\VTK\GUISupport\MFC
folder.
After that I got an error message as, ">LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot
open file 'vtkMFC.lib".

When I search for the lib, I could not find it. I rebuilt the VTK.sln again
but the lib was not there.
So I guessed  I may want to build the project
in, vtk-5.8.0\VTK\GUISupport\MFC as well.
But when I try to build it, I get a cmake error as , "CMake Error at
CMakeLists.txt:20 (VTK_ADD_LIBRARY):

Unknown CMake command "VTK_ADD_LIBRARY"."

Please help me.

Thanks.