[vtkusers] intersection between the polydata and volume

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:03:05 EDT 2012

You could create a volume of signed distances to your polydata using
vtkImplicitPolyDataDistance and vtkSampleFunction. Make sure the
sample function's ModelBounds and dimensions are the same for your
original volume and the sampled volume.
Then, using vtkImplicitVolume with SetVolume set to the output of the
SampleFunction, you can call EvaluateFunction with a coordinate. If
the result is negative the point is inside, if positive it is outside.

I don't think there is a single filter that will do what you want.