[vtkusers] vtkRenderingVolumeModule.h missing and broken vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.h

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Jun 20 19:44:00 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Luke Hetrick <lhetrick at nnu.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I am using the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.h as one of my included headers to
> help render some data I am viewing and my library is missing the
> vtkRenderingVolumeModule.h that the following header is calling for. I
> searched for it in the doxygen and it did not exist there but when I
> searched on the Internet, I found that the missing header was used in
> various other headers as well. Can anyone tell me where I can get this
> header so that I can use vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.h? Or if it really does not
> exist, can someone explain to me how to modify the header that is calling
> for the missing header so it can work?

You don't mention how you are using this header, I guess you are not
using CMake to find/setup your build. The missing header is generated
by CMake at configure time, will be in the build directory, and should
be installed alongside the headers when make install runs.

Are you building VTK master? Is this compiling against a build tree,
or installed VTK build?

Marcus