[vtkusers] invoking multiple CPU's to run a vtk appliaction

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Wed Jun 20 17:31:01 EDT 2012

Hello All,

    I am running a fairly simple isosurface algorithm that reads in many
files and extracts contours from them. Everything works and vtk produces a
result that is acceptabel for now, the only thing I do not like is the
amount of time it takes. To generate a surface with only 50 isosurfaces is
taking around 15mins to do but I noticed vtk is only working on a single
CPU of my computer. Is there a way to allow  vtk to  invoke more of the CPU
of the computer to lesson the amount of time it takes to run?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Luke H