[vtkusers] Storing Maxwell-FEM-solutions

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Jun 8 08:17:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

I think you'll have to do the interpolation of the vector potential onto
either the points or cells yourself. I can't remember the exact formulation
of those shape functions but VTK has either C^0 continuity for point data
or C^-1 continuity for cell data and not the type of continuity that your
formulation requires. You could try the quadratic tets but would still need
to provide a point data value at all 10 nodal points of each cell. My
suggestion would be to just use the linear tets and do the interpolation
from the edge points onto the corner points of the cell.

Andy