[vtkusers] Edit vtkActor points

Jonathan Ruiz Peinado jonathan.ruiz3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:19:17 EDT 2012

Hi I'm trying to edit the points that defines a line that is already
rendered.

So I know how to draw it:

       controlPoints.InsertNextPoint(0, 0, 0);
       controlPoints.InsertNextPoint(1, 1, 1);

        polyLine = new vtkPolyLine();
        cellArray = new vtkCellArray();

        polyLine.GetPointIds().SetNumberOfIds(
controlPoints.GetNumberOfPoints() );
        for ( int i = 0; i < controlPoints.GetNumberOfPoints(); i++ )
        {
            polyLine.GetPointIds().SetId(i, i);
        }

        cellArray.InsertNextCell(polyLine);

        polyData.SetPoints(controlPoints);
        polyData.SetLines(cellArray);
        polyData.Update();

        length = polyData.GetLength();

        polyDataMapper.SetInput(polyData);

        actor.SetMapper(polyDataMapper);

But I don't know how to get it back from the scene to be able to modify
points coordinates, so far I think that I can get the actor using vtkPicker
and use  vtkActor.GetInputDataObject(0,0) do a type casting (vtkPolyData)
 to get the points , but not sure, somebody did it before, or got any
advise ?

Thanks