[vtkusers] some questions about cells, file formats, etc

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:01:10 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM, nuno.jf <nunofernandes7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The data range goes from 2 to 76996 because these values correspond to the
> scalar's highest and lowest values that are associated to the remaining
> points. Right?

Yes, the data range is just the highest and lowest values.

I created an image with the points of the Output file (described above)
> generated a 3D surface using vtkImageGaussianSmooth and
> vtkImageMarchingCubes. When I try to view the resulting file in Paraview, I
> get the following error message:
>
> /Generic Warning: In ..\..\..\..\source\VTK\IO\vtkDataReader.cxx, line 1382
> Error reading ascii data. Possible mismatch of datasize with declaration./

This means that either the number of points does not match the length of
one of the PointData arrays, or the number of cells does not match the
length of one of the CellData arrays.