[vtkusers] some questions about cells, file formats, etc

nuno.jf nunofernandes7 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:12:31 EST 2012

I get this error message when trying to read (using paraview) surfaces
generated using vtkImageGaussianSmooth and vtkImageMarchingCubes. My code:

        vtkImageGaussianSmooth *smooth = vtkImageGaussianSmooth::New();
	smooth->SetInput(imp1->GetOutput());
	smooth->SetDimensionality(3);
	//smooth->SetRadiusFactor(double(5000));
	smooth->SetStandardDeviations(1,1,1);
	//smooth->SetRadiusFactors(double(500),double(1000));
	smooth->Update();

	// Marching Cubes
	vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageMarchingCubes> mc =
	vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageMarchingCubes>::New();
	mc->SetInput(smooth->GetOutput());
	mc->ComputeNormalsOn();
	mc->ComputeGradientsOn();
	mc->GenerateValues(10,atof(argv[2]),atof(argv[3]));
	mc->Update();

Depending on the values in GenerateValues(), I get or not, this error in the
end. I know that these values determine the range to generate the contours,
but why this error in the end?