[vtkusers] Installing VTK 5.8 on Windows 7 Environment

Anuradha Madugalla anuradhamadugalla at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 21:13:54 EST 2012

Hey,
I'm using VTK4 on visual studio 10 in windows 7(32 bit) environment and I
want to move on to VTK 5. From what I have read on net I have to have
Cmake. But I'm not clear about the building of binary files. Like where to
put them and all.... I installed VTK5 but because of errors, i uninstalled
it again. So i was wondering if any one of u can help me to install VTK 5
on my computer by clearly stating what to download and everythin. basically
what i want is a step by step guide and please consider me to be a complete
novice.

Here are the specifications of my computer,
1. O/S- Windows 7 (32 bit)
2. Visual Studio- VS10
3. Cmake- CMake 2.8
4. Tcl/tk- 8.5