[vtkusers] vtkSelectionNode and EqualProperties

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 25 10:30:31 EDT 2011

Hello,
I use vtk 5.6 and here's my problem. I do selection using a rubberBand. So, I get a list of selection. I use the union selection medthod (vtkSelection) but each time I make a selection on the same actor, a new selection node is created. So I have seen that union uses the EqualProperties. In this method, there an equality test on the vtkInformationIntegerKey     PIXEL_COUNT().
But of course, when doing a selection by mouse, we could not have the same PIXEL_COUNT.

It works perfectly if we do point picking but with an area selectionEqualProperties return false.

Is there a solution to this "problem" ?

Thank you.