[vtkusers] render a huge point cloud, vtkPainter?

Luca Penasa luca.penasa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:47:24 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,
I am writing code for displaying a huge data set of vertexes (let's say
more than 1e^6 points). I started rendering it with the
vtkPolyDataMapper but the efficiency in rendering is not so good and
interaction is slow. Using a LODActor actually improved the interaction
but i think there could be some better possibility.
I am interested just on vertexes colored by a scalar field. I readed
something about vtkPainter but i cannot find any good example.

Any idea for this kind of data set?
Any example on how to use vtkPainters?

Thank you

Luca Penasa