[vtkusers] undefined reference to `vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow::New()

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri May 20 07:24:19 EDT 2011

When compiling vtk-5.6.1 on Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit I get this compilation error:

../../bin/libvtkRendering.so.5.6.1: undefined reference to
`vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow::New()'

I have my proprietary nvidia drivers installed, I did not enable any
off screen rendering or so. My configuration:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DVTK_USE_TK=OFF -DVTK_WRAP_PYTHON=ON
-DVTK_USE_GUISUPPORT=ON -DVTK_USE_QT=ON -DVTK_USE_QVTK=ON
$HOME/pack/vtk-5.6.1

and then select include/lib paths for python 2.7 in the GUI.

Any hints how to proceed with the compilation are welcome.

Dominik