[vtkusers] VTK 5.6 compilation on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Josef Uher josef.uher at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:19:58 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I am new to VTK and I am trying to compile it with Java support on Mac OS X
10.6.7. The compilation stops at about 36% with an error:

[ 36%] Building CXX object
Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkAbstractMapper3D.cxx.o
cc1objplus: error: /usr/lib/libIOKit.dylib: not a directory
make[2]: ***
[Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkAbstractMapper3D.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The libIOKit library is where it is expected by the compiler. A note: I have
both XCode 3.2.5 and XCode 4.0 installed on the system. Could this be
related?

The system is running with 64-bit kernel and I am trying to compile in
64-bits.

Thank you for any suggestions how to fix it.

Josef