[vtkusers] Interpolation between two contours

Markus vishapxtreme at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 25 21:46:38 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the VTK and I got the assignment to interpolate
between two contours. What I have done so far is converting the contours
to an binary image (area inside 0, outside 1) and computed an
vtkEuclideanDistance.

The missing step is the interpolation between contour one and two, of
which I both have a binary image and a distance map computed, but I am
missing the final step to the interpolation.

I took a look at vtkTemporalDataSet, but I am stuck how to use it.
vtkTemporalInterpolator seems to be a good match for what I want to do
(I want to be able to set the number of frames in between the images and
then get the interpolated image for frame x), but I did not understand
how to use those for my purpose from the examples at
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Time_Support

I would appreciate your help on how to solve this,
thanks

Markus