[vtkusers] Binding Java Windows 7 64 bits vtkIO.dll error

Romain LEGUAY romain.leguay at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 07:47:08 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I try to launch my apps on windows 7 but I have got this error :

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\Users\Romain\Documents\Boulot\CEA\eclipsecea\trunk\fr.cea.visualization.e
ngine.vtk\lib\win32\vtkIO.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

                at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

                at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

                at
fr.cea.visualization.engine.vtk.VTKLibraryLoader.<clinit>(VTKLibraryLoader.j
ava:39)

                at
fr.cea.visualization.engine.vtk.Activator.<clinit>(Activator.java:17)

                at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

                at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

                at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

                at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

                at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

                at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(
AbstractBundle.java:166)

                ... 84 more

I search the dependency of vtkIO.dll with Dependency Walker and I have a
missing dll : ieshims.dll.

I've done some research and I found this dll depends of Internet Explorer. I
don't understand why VTK needs IE to work ?

Has anyone got any ideas to resolve my problem ?

Thanks,

Romain