[vtkusers] volume rendering using CPU instead of GPU

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:58:02 EST 2011

It looks like I might have been wrong about my last statement.
I see this in vtkVolumeMapper.h:

  SetBlendModeToAdditive();

So it looks like at least some of the VTK volume renderers
can do summation.  It looks like there are even some tests:

VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/TestGPURayCastAdditive.cxx
VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/TestGPURayCastPerspectiveParallel.cxx

Interesting stuff.

  David