[vtkusers] volume rendering using CPU instead of GPU

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:35:10 EST 2011

About all that I can suggest is that you look directly into the code for
vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper::LoadExtensions() and see
what extension is failing.

In LoadExtensions(), the one place where it can fail without printing
the extension it failed on is right here:

    if(glslMajor<1 || (glslMajor==1 && glslMinor<20))
      {
      this->LoadExtensionsSucceeded=0;
      }

That might provide you with some clues.

Also, don't forget my earlier comment that VTK volume rendering
does not do averaging or summation, so if averaging is what you
need, then all of this is moot :)

  David