[vtkusers] vtkChartXY with inverted vtkAxis labels

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Thu Feb 3 13:57:24 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus D. Hanwell [mailto:marcus.hanwell at kitware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:17 PM
To: Joseph Melnyk
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] vtkChartXY with inverted vtkAxis labels

> It sounds like something pretty bad is happening for things to keep going blank - perhaps a bad build?
> We test routinely using Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 on Windows, and the tests seem to pass there without issue.

Indeed it was a bad build!  After much digging, I learned that these issues are nonexistent when I run/modify the tests (as previously described) under VS 2010, but they all rear their heads under VS 2008 (where I develop).  I built VTK with VS 2010.  Rebuilding with VS 2008 solved the problem entirely.

So I'm not certain what exactly the discrepancy there was, nor do I have time to dig for it at the moment.  It's quite curious that this issue never appeared in 5.6.1 either, which followed the same VS 2008/2010 build pattern on my machine.

Either way, the issue's been resolved.  Thanks for your help Marcus!

__Scanned by MessageLabs